Thema geschlossen 

Themabewertung:
  • 27 Bewertungen - 2.78 im Durchschnitt
2WAY vs IP vs ULTIVEST
13-11-2013, 07:27
Beitrag: #1
2WAY vs IP vs ULTIVEST
Hello all,

I've been reading this forum for a while. Sorry for the English - my written German is not perfect Smile Feel free to reply in German if you wish.

I've been looking for an alarm system that has a proximity chip and a 4digit code. The 2WAY is good for this. However you nee a GSM-module for this unit for sms etc. And not App is included.
Seems a bit old technology.
The App is available in the IP-alarm, but no code or proximity chip is included. Only the App can turn the alarm on/off. Seems stupid. What if your phone runs our of battery...

I saw a presentation from 2012 of the new ULTIVEST, an found that alle the functions is included in this unit - but I cannot find it for sales anywhere?

What is the story about the ULTIVEST alarm?
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
13-11-2013, 16:37
Beitrag: #2
RE: 2WAY vs IP vs ULTIVEST
Hi!
Your selection will surely depend on how much money you want you spent. I’ll try to make it a bit more easy for you. Taking the “Secvest IP” will cause you several problems. The product is very tricky to set up and very limited with the amount of the devices it can handle. You could use a remote device to handle it, too.
Believe me, you will get "bushed" with that thing and it would not be the first time, that that thing kicks the bucket, while configurating it, or after....
That thing goes with you through thick and thin: The secvest 2WAY by the first look, seems to be a bit old school. But be sure, it’s not. An alarm system doesn’t need to be controlled by an IT system software that runs on iphones and servers…
You just turn it on, when you leave and internal-home when you’re sleeping – that’s it. You don’t need an app, and the 2 WAY can handle the proximity…
The Secvest 2WAY works mostly like you are - may be - used to from the States, England or somewhere else. It makes the noise when you're coming home, and so on...
It runs very stable, without causing you headache and does not waste your valued lifetime...
What comes with the ultivest, is a greater design and price. Yes it can be handled by mobile and proximity, but does that fit to you when it costs the double price?
The ultivest - thats the new kid on the block - is more for intelligent houses that are handled with a special system called KNX/BUS. So the alarm device is able to set on the light and pull up the jalousies automatically in case of fire or other pre-configured program events.
Well, I hope I did not rub you up the wrong way(irritate), and it helps a bit and I do not let the cat out of the bag, when giving you the hint, that the 2WAY should be your/the best choice...

Cheers, Marc

I forgot the last question about the sales and the Ultivest: The Ultivest can only be ordered at a spechial checked dealer that is allowed to sell it to the customers.(And install it). If you plan to order and (let)install it, you got to go to the Abus website and make a request. They'll give you the address of your local weapon----sorry Big Grin....Ultivest dealer.

[Edit:] Lustigerweise bin ich grade gefragt worden, was "rub you up" heißt, und ob das was sexuelles ist, nein, das ist ein sog. Idiomatic und bedeutet, ob ich ihn jetzt verwirrt habe...also gegen den "Strich" gestreichelt, wäre wohl eine treffende Übersetzung *lol*...
13-11-2013, 18:42
Beitrag: #3
Thanks for the reply.

I can see that Ultivest has many feature I do not need. But the door-locking function is cool.
13-11-2013, 21:56
Beitrag: #4
Zitat:But the door-locking function is cool.
Sure, but what if somebody breaks into the system, he has opened the door and alongside set off the alert-system, too.
That is not a solution I would prefer. I'm feeling more like having a fall back solution that somebody that opened the door unauthorized, gets in trouble with the counting time from the alert-system. Do you understand? Regards,Marc
14-11-2013, 10:02
Beitrag: #5
Yep.

I will install the Secvest 2WAY Smile Keep it simple!
02-12-2013, 19:47
Beitrag: #6
I would like to stress the issues with Secvest IP. Keep away from it. I have it for two years.... ...installed all the updates (which indeed fixed some issues), but the system lost my trust. I am pretty sure that the Secvest 2WAY is better.

But when ordering you have to be aware that the promised security in the wireless system is not present.
-----------
Link deleted by Administration (Olli K.)
-----------

have a look on page 21(25):
"ABUS claims that the Secvest 2WAY and Secvest IP alarm systems use encryption as documented in figure 1.2 and that there are 16,777,214 “variations”. However, this analysis shows that there is no encryption at all."

I tried to give my system back because of that fact. But it is required to have either waranty or "Gewährleistung". Unfortunately I am over that 2 years.

Best regards,
ThomasD
02-12-2013, 19:58
Beitrag: #7
I can´t understand any foreign language in this german Forum ;-)

[size=small]Aus Zeitgründen sehe ich meistens von der Korrektur von Schreibfehlern ab. Man möge es mir fazein.[/size]
Webseite des Benutzers besuchen Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
04-12-2013, 10:58
Beitrag: #8
I am able to make a good deal on a Secvest IP system, but is it worth it...

Could you explain why the IP is untrustable? What kind of issues do you have?
Thema geschlossen 

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema: Verfasser Antworten: Ansichten: Letzter Beitrag
  Ultivest Alarmanlage Marko61 42 37.021 18-12-2013 21:23
Letzter Beitrag: MGMGMG
  Erste Erfahrungen mit der Abus Ultivest Rübezahl 3 5.667 02-11-2013 17:04
Letzter Beitrag: MGMGMG
  abus ultivest Mädchen 14 20.131 12-10-2013 13:13
Letzter Beitrag: Alarmservice-Hamburg
  Ultivest Preise/Leistungen JuWi 2 8.548 16-05-2013 14:26
Letzter Beitrag: JuWi